This is the route for the virtual 10k for local runners in 2020
The start and finish is in Arlebury Park. Start at the blue shipping containers and run around the top field. leave the park through the pedestrian gate and go onto the footpath heading into the town
Run along the pavements past the shops in West Street and Broad Street. Adhere to social distancing rules. Be considerate to others using the pavements. Take care around Wessex Pharmacy where there can be lots of people queuing. Head down Board Street and then down Mill Hill. DO NOT RUN PAST THE GLOBE AND OVER THE WEIR!!
Joint the main 10k route after the footpath at the end of Mill Hill. face the traffic. Be prepared to stop and step off the route. Run anti-clockwise around the sign at Abbotstone and head back. Turn right along Drove Lane back to the Avenue. Follow the footpath along the Avenue back to Arlebury Park.
Go back through the pedestrian gate into Arlebury Park. Run around the top field back to the shipping containers. Keep going until your GPS reads 10k!!!
If the cafe is open, go and collect your biscuit from Becky in the cafe. Buy other stuff – she’s a local hero.
Here are the Rules:
There are some rules:
- You must follow this route.
- You must run down Mill Hill. DO NOT RUN OVER THE WEIR.
- You are responsible for your own safety and that of those around you.
- You must keep to the government rules in force at the time you run.
- Respect others, especially as you run through the town and around Arlebury Park.
- Take great care on the road sections, face the oncoming traffic and be prepared to stop or move off the road.
- You must be local; SO24 and GU34 postcode residents only.
- You must register, so we know who’s out there. Use Eventbrite.
- You can run as many times as you like in the 3 week window, we’ll take your best time for the results.
- You should send your time and proof of your route (GPS picture/Strava screenshot etc) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are some pictures from the route:
1K – run on the pavement – be considerate of others
You should send us something that looks like this…